Required ports of entry
Travelers must enter at one of the following airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam
or seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, Chennai.
However, travelers can exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
Former citizens of Pakistan and Sri Lanka
At this time, VisaHQ.com CANNOT assist former citizens of Pakistan and Sri Lanka
in obtaining a visa to India. Applicants should contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of India
• have been arrested/ prosecuted/ convicted by Court of Law of any country;
• have been refused entry / deported by any country including India;
• have been engaged in human trafficking/ drug trafficking/ child abuse/ crime against women/ Economic offense / Financial fraud;
• have ever been engaged in cyber crime/ terrorist activities/ sabotage/ espionage/ genocide/ political killing/ other act of violence;
• have by any means or medium, expressed views that justify or glorify terrorist violence or that may encourage others to terrorist acts or other serious criminal acts;
• have sought asylum (political or otherwise)in any country
Are ineligible for e-Visa and must instead apply for a visa at the nearest Indian Consulate. Please contact VisaHQ for more information.
Advisory : Travel and Visa restrictions related to COVID-19
• All regular (sticker) Visas/e-Visa (including VoA for Japan and South Korea) granted to nationals of Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan and issued on or before 03.03.2020 and who have not yet entered India, stand suspended with immediate effect. Such foreign nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those requiring to travel to India due to compelling reasons, may seek fresh visa from nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Regular (sticker) visa / e-Visa granted to nationals of Peoples Republic of China, issued on or before 05.02.2020 were suspended earlier. It shall remain in force. Such Chinese nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those needing to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Regular (sticker) visas/e-Visas granted to all foreign nationals who have travelled to Peoples Republic of China, Iran, Italy, South Korea and Japan on or after 01.02.2020, and who have not yet entered India stand suspended with immediate effect. Such foreign nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those requiring to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
• Diplomats, officials of UN and other International bodies, OCI cardholders and Aircrew from above countries are exempted from such restriction on entry. However, their medical screening is compulsory.
• All foreign and Indian nationals entering into India from any port are required to furnish duly filled self declaration form (including personal particulars i.e. phone no. and address in India) and travel history, to Health officials and Immigration officials at all port.
• Passengers (foreign and Indian) other than those restricted, arriving directly or indirectly from China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore and Taiwan must undergo medical screening at port of entry.